Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Golf...who knew?

Today I played 18 holes of golf with my girls Weezie, Kelly, and Alisa. Who knew golf was such an endurance sport?? We teed off at 2:45 pm, and didn't return to the clubhouse until 7:45. It was my first time at Santa Teresa, and we all had so much fun rolling around the course in our carts, hitting whatever we wanted and skipping what we didn't (in all fairness, our resident professional Weezie hit everything). I will say that golfing with the girls is so much more fun than with the guys - but I am willing to concede that the men feel the same about golfing with the guys - as it is so much more relaxing, supportive, and just plain hilarious. And - now I know this is hard to believe - I managed to get through it all without drinking any of the many beers we brought along, due to the fact that I am having a "sober week." So far, so good.

I may be exhausted, but at least my arms are tan for the Tahoe wedding I am in this weekend, which will hopefully make up for the nasty, ugly, disgusting burn I managed to give myself on the inside of the arm while ironing last Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home